Lets Get Started
Before you submit your photo please read the following:
To allow our artists to draw the best caricature possible, we of course need you to submit a couple of photos.
We ask the photos have the following qualities.
- A big clear photo that shows the person's face from the front. If the photo file is too small or the face is blurry or shot at an angle then we won't have a clear image of the person's face.
- Not a screenshot as they don't come out clear.
- Shot in good lighting, like outside during the day or in a well-lit room.If the photo is too dark then we won't have a good image of the face.
- The person should be showing the same facial expression that you want on the caricature. We can't draw a smiling face if the picture you send has a scowl, for example. Some tips for pictures.
Facial shots are best. If the picture includes the entire body, the face may not be clear enough for us to do a good caricature. Please remember that the picture is all our artists have to work with and we want them to have the best tools to work with. Make sure there are no shadows on the face. A photo taken during a candlelit dinner can be beautiful and romantic but won't give our artists (who have never seen the person in real life) a clear picture of what the subject looks like. Also, a photo taken under a bright interrogation lamp will be washed out and also hide features. The lighting you'd find in a well lit room or a sunny day will usually get you the best picture. If you're unsure, please feel free to send 2 or 3 pictures just to make sure. Our artists will choose the best one and let you know which one they're going to work with. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Please look for a photo which is:
- big, clear and in high quality
- shows the face from the front (the photo should not be taken from above or below the face)
- not cropped (there is no issue if there are other people on the photo)
- not a screenshot
- not too dark
- not blurred
Lastly before you submit that fantastic face of yours, some more tips to get the best results.
We need to see the whites of your eyes? Also, photos with just the face are better as they'll be bigger files. Remember if you crop out the body, that doesn't count. The face will still be the same size. Don't be afraid to get up in someone's face with that camera! *
Next, have the face at the angle you're wanting for your caricature. If you're wanting a front facing caricature then we need a front facing pic. It doesn't hurt to send a 2nd pic at another angle just for reference but be sure to specify which photo is the angle you want. *
Thirdly, Lighting is also important. Daytime shots or in a well lit room are great. Dim light and shadows makes it harder to distinguish your facial features. *
Lastly, your photos should also be showing us the expression you're looking for. If you want a great wide smile then we need a pic with a great wide smile.